9th Open Meeting - 10th June 2021
Last updated: 28 June 2021
On this pageSkip the menu of subheadings on this page.
Agenda and papers
Update: Working Group 5 update slides added post-meeting (28/6/21).
10:00 (Item 1) Welcome and introduction (Sandy Thomas)
Reminder of open meeting rules and declaration of interests.
10:10 (Item 2) Minutes of 8th Council meeting and actions (Sandy Thomas)
Secretariat reports progress on actions from the 8th open meeting.
10:20 (Item 3) Science Council Chair’s report (Sandy Thomas)
Meetings and activity since the 8th open meeting.
10:35 (Item 4) FSA Science Update (Adam Cook)
Update on Science, Evidence and Research Division (SERD) activity.
10:55 (Item 5) Rapid Evidence Review: Critical Review of the appraisal of third-party evidence (Peter Gregory)
Members confirm agreement to draft final report and principles & guidelines. [The draft report and principles & guidelines themselves are in draft and will be published once finalised following discussion by Science Council, no later than the week commencing 21 June].
FSA next steps.
11:20 (Item 6) Working Group 4 (WG4) review on data usage and digital technology: Post review update from FSA (Julie Pierce)
An update from the FSA on how WG4 recommendations have been used over the last 12 months.
11:35 Coffee Break
11:45 (Item 7) Chief Scientific Advisor’s update (Robin May)
High Level FSA Activities.
12:00 (Item 8) Working Group 5: Food Hypersensitivity Review (Paul Turner)
Summary of recommendations and wrap-up from the Working Group Chair.
FSA next steps.
12:25 (Item 9) Update on FSA Scientific Advisory Committees (Sandy Thomas)
- Verbal update on participation of Science Council members in other Scientific Advisory Committees meetings since the 8th open meeting.
12:40 (Item 10) Wrap up and close session (Sandy Thomas)
12:45 (Item 11) Questions and comments from the public (Sandy Thomas)
12:55 End of the meeting
- Sandy Thomas - Council Chair
- John O’Brien - Council Member
- Paul Turner - Council Member
- Patrick Wolfe - Council Member
- Sarah O’Brien - Council Member
- Claire Nicholson - Council Member
- Peter Gregory - Council Member
Food Standards Agency
- Robin May - FSA Chief Scientific Adviser (CSA)
- Emily Miles - FSA Chief Executive
- Julie Pierce – FSA Director of Openness, Data & Digital, Wales and Science
- Adam Cook - Head of Science Strategy, Capability and Research
- Chun-Han Chan - Science Council Secretary
- Paul A Nunn - Science Council Secretariat Lead
- Autumn Pugh - CSA Private Secretary
- Manisha Hartigan - Science Council Secretariat
- Ben Goodall - Research Co-ordination and Partnerships Lead