Science Council Accessibility Statement
Last updated: 24 August 2020
On this pageSkip this menu
This accessibility statement applies to www.science-council.food.gov.uk .
This website is run by the Food Standards Agency. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We have also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- on some smaller devices (e.g. iPhone 5 and below) some pages have 2-dimensional scroll.
- ensuring all links are readable by a screen reader.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email the Science Council secretariat at: email@example.com
- call 020 7276 8024
- write to the Science Council secretariat at: Clive House, 70 Petty France, London, SW1H 9EX
We will consider your request and get back to you in 7 days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We are always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: Michael Ginn at SERD@food.gov.uk or alternatively follow the link within the Beta banner.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Food Standards Agency is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
At this time, we have not made any disproportionate burden claims.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 25th August 2020. It was last reviewed on 25th August 2020.
This website was last tested on 24th August. The test was carried out by the Food Standards Agency using SilkTide.